Friday, November 1, 2013

Organization Part 2

Thanks to my AMAZING co-workers who gave me a post wedding party, I was able to purchase 7 of these plastic chests with walmart gift cards. I have one at each table. Each one has 3 draws. Everyone has the exact same thing in it. Clean up was becoming a problem and I needed that to stop. So now there is no fighting about gold colored pencils or skinny markers or whatever a 5-10 year olds crisis is.



Inside there is one box of colored pencils, 2 boxes of crayons, a box of scissors, a box of glue sticks,
 2 boxes of markers, and a sharpener box - The sharpener box is a life saver in my opinion. They now don't have to get up to use the electric sharpener or to empty the hand held. They just dump it right in the box. No more wasting time!



I store markers and colored pencils in plastic bins, which is not too inventive but since I have about a zillion of them I was left with a zillion tops sooooo I thought why not use the tops as palette!
I only use palette when kids are mixing colors. I like kids to use one color at a time so we don't end up with a muddy mess, so lots of the time we work with paint from these tubs 

When one color is dry then they move on to the next. This is how we paint the chairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment