Sunday, April 6, 2014

Author's Week

The focus of Authors Week this year were the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" books. The Media teacher made the overall theme around the Olympics and Ancient Greece. I had 5th grade make a frieze and pediment for a Doric Style Greek temple based on their favorite book characters. My Art club/aftercare helpers/buddies made the door decorations from two different Percy Jackson Books. "The Sea of Monsters" and "The Battle of The Labyrinth"






Each class also had to make their own door showing who their favorite author was. I chose Leo Lionni. Mine was hung on the gym door since it has an overhang and the Art room doesn't and technically I am am a PE assistant (bad idea) so I am in there a few periods a day. AND the Coach and I are buds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment