Monday, September 9, 2013

Dress to teach

I have been experimenting with coordinating my outfits with my lessons to reinforce them. It has been working surprising well. I not only get to have a little more fun with work attire but I get to be creative and make lesson specific outfits.

One of my major art room pet peeves is when kids have their names of the front of artwork, so I made theses shirts:
I wore one every day the first week of school
they were also shown in powerpoint along with this one:

The kids were shown several examples of how to NOT write you name on your art work and then one good example. The key is to NOT make me make this face because you didn't follow directions.

****the front of the shirt is suppose to represent the front of the kids paper (Artwork) the back of the shirt is the back of the paper (name and class) 


OH and today I was dressed like a pencil (I made the shoes)

 To tie it in I showed this  Pencil music video not totally educational and I don't know how I feel about the song but the kids LOVED the video...




No comments:

Post a Comment