Thursday, September 12, 2013

How I stay organized part 1

1. Sketchbooks

I love the idea of free choice for the early finisher but I hate the idea of that art work ending up in the trash. I came up with the idea of 3 hole punching a file folder and using brass paper fasteners and PRE 3 hole punched copy paper to make inexpensive sketch books. I used them all last year and have them again this year. The kids look forward to drawing in them and can't wait to take them home at the end of the year. I have a printed label on the front with their name and class



They are stored by class in magazine boxes, and the kids know they get their sketch book when they are done with their project. 

2. Canvas/Painting rack

My dad made this for me, It has saved me SO much room...I can store  about 30 canvas, or silk screens on here.

3. Color coded  construction paper storage

This is for scraps that are neat rectangular/square shapes most are 8.5 X 11, but some are smaller. No ragged cut up pieces.

3. Color coded scrap storage

One box for primary, secondary + pink and another for black/white/brown. These are scrapes used for collage

4. Cardboard storage

One box for neat pieces of cut cardboard.  Another for corrugated, more crafty pieces





No comments:

Post a Comment